Prof. HUANG Jianzhong is currently the Director of the Academic Committee of Shanghai University of International Business and Economics (SUIBE). He served as the Vice Dean of the School of Economics at Xiamen University, the Section Chief of the Fujian Provincial Commission for Restructuring the Economic Systems before joining the SUIBE in 2014. He obtained his Ph.D. degree in Economics from Xiamen University in 1997 and was a senior visiting scholar in the Department of Economics and the Center for East Asian Studies at Cornell University. Prof. Huang's main research areas include WTO and international trade, trade in services, world economy, free trade zone, etc. He has published more than 20 monographs and text books and over 150 papers in domestic and international academic journals in economics. He is dedicated to the teaching and knowledge enhancement of international economics and trade and has received numerous awards and honours in his research areas.
Prof. Huang also holds concurrent academic positions in the following organizations:
- Member of the Teaching Steering Committee of the Bachelor Degree in Economics and Trade, Ministry of Education, China
- Member of the Teaching Steering Committee of the Master Degree in International Business, Ministry of Education, China
- Expert of the Foreign Trade Group of the Economic and Trade Policy Advisory Committee, Ministry of Commerce, China
- Deputy Secretary-General of the International Trade Discipline Cooperation Group of National Universities
- Standing Director of China Society of World Economics
- Standing Director of China Society of International Trade
- President of Shanghai International Trade Association
- Vice President of Shanghai World Economics Association
- Vice Chairman of "China Business Think Tank"
- Chief Expert of the Collaborative Innovation Research Center of the China Pilot Free Trade Zone
- Expert of China Cross-border E-commerce Forum